The Forester Carbide Insert Chain was developed for longer cutting edge life, resulting in less frequent sharpening. Carbide chain cuts up to 1615 ft² (150m²) of wood before filing would be needed. In contrast a regular chain only cuts on average between 194-215 ft² (18-20m²) of wood before needed filing.
- Lasts over 3x longer than conventional chains
- Low-vibration (Note: Does not meet low kickback ANSI)
- Suited for cutting dirty or treated woods, roots, frozen logs, and hardwoods
- Tooth is laser welded
- Carbide Type - Laser Welded Insert
- Tooth Type - Semi Chisel
- Pitch - 3/8" Ext
- Gauge - .050
- Rounded Tooth
- Safety Link - No
- File Size - 5/32"
Important Information: Carbide Chain is NOT INDESTRUCTIBLE and is only designed to cut wood. It will last up to 3x longer than using a regular chain in the same cut. The end user needs to be aware of a few things.
- Please stop using when dull. A dull carbide chain is susceptible to teeth heating up and falling off. This piece of carbide would be in the cut and can damage the rest of your chain.
- Ensure cutting wood only. If you hit a foreign object, teeth can break off.
- Wood cannot cause damage to a carbide tooth.
I wish it would last a bit longer without stretching
I love chain it gets the job done faster than the other blades even though it losses a couple of teeth it still cuts great
I cut a lot of pinion here in Nevada, and the original .043 gauge 3/8LP chains on my Stihl MS170 do not last long. Since they don't have carbide inserts for .043, I upgraded both my bar and chain to .050 gauge (Bar is SKU KSW1650NR, 16" chain is SKU CBD10SC-55E) carbide insert. What a difference! I can go for several days per chain, instead of 2 chains per day. I had to invest in a diamond wheel for my chain sharpener but it has been well worth it.